Friday, July 11, 2008

The Secret is Out

I didn't want to say it. Somewhere in the back of my mind are visions of a horrible, curler wearing, bathrobed, poofy slippered, chain-smoking beetch when I even entertain the thought of saying it.

*takes a deep breath and slowly exhales*

I don't really like him much.

There! I have said it. Okay, so "officially" I have only written it. Maybe that makes it better somehow. Yet, I am still feeling myself rather consumed by guilt for even baring my soul to all of you on this one.

Admit it, you are wondering who I am talking about.

It's "him" - the daughter's fiance. *chokes and sputters a bit*

He's - how to put this delicately - he's a putzoid.

He's a self-centered mama's boy that snorfles all the time. Remember the movie "Sleepless in Seattle"? You know the dude Meg Ryan was engaged to? Remember how he had oodles of tissues and was always sniffling and allergic to everything? Yup, that's this guy.

Okay, so he cannot help the allergies. I realize that. Yet, I find myself inwardly cringing every time he looks my way and does that funky little nose snorfle that he's constantly doing.

Bad me - that's all something that cannot be controlled. I realize this!

Let's go on to his full-fledge poutage if he doesn't get his way. I swear the boy was about to jump off a bridge when he wasn't included in a family meeting to plan my son's wedding. My oldest daughter was only here so she could babysit the wee lassie. The rest of us were getting down to the nitty gritty financial crap and all that jazz. There was no reason for lover boy to be here.

I wouldn't have minded, except he is a self-appointed expert on everything and I really didn't need or want to have him putting his two cents into every aspect of their wedding. As it is, he has even suggested that HE give the bride away. What the hell? He's the boyfriend/fiance of the bride's older sister.

No matter what topic comes up, he has an opinion and he is always right.

He gradutated from a school that is a rival of the one where I teach and the cubs attend. He's constantly making derogatory comments about the school to me and to the cubs. It's not all in fun; it's not a friendly rivalry - he is constantly being insulting about it.

Thus far, I have walked away rather than reaching across the table and ripping his vocal cords from his throat. I'm rather proud of that fact.

I keep telling myself that my daughter will have to live this this nambypamby whiny wussnick. She has a very dominant personality; I'm sure she will always be able to crack the whip and get him to crawl along behind her like a "good boy". It would drive me nuts.

I've held it all back. My closest friends know how I feel, you know how I feel, and the rest of the world will continue to see a smiling Deej welcoming this dude to the clan. The upside is, his own mom and grandmother live nearby and I'm sure they'll adore him and baby him to bits. He better not expect it from the "monster-in-law".

Peace

15 comments:

MABrock1980 said...

Someone's going to say it, so it might as well be me: Kick him in the nuts

*ahem*

Is their anything redeeming about this dingus at all?

thyme said...

Hey, how did you get the blog alers in the sidebar? I want it too!

thyme said...

Ehm... "alerTs".

Sorry about the undesirable future son in law.

*sheepish look*

Dee Jay said...

Bebbs - Hmmmm I'm thinking about that redeeming thing. Hmmmmm *still thinking* I guess the fact that the daughter person really likes him says something. I just don't see it!

Thyme - I answered the blog alert thing on your blogger site. Hopefully, you can get it figured out! As for "him" - I guess I'll have to learn to live with him. Yikes!

Melissa said...

Hey Deej!! I missed you! I'll link you here at blogger.

TheSplinteredMind said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheSplinteredMind said...

I am so lost!!

Now that efx2 is down I have to start anew over here!

Too angry to put my hands in my pants, Splinter

Dee Jay said...

Melissa - I have you all linked up here. It's great to see you! : )

Splintered - You're not lost at all. Sheesh! *points at your new address and new blog* I know just where to find you!

Kelly Ann said...

Oh man, you need to find her someone else that'll make her forget all about allergy boy. School Pride isn't nothing to be bashing about either grrr.

Dee Jay said...

Chica - Methinks she's going to stick with this dude. Argh! The silly girl!

Anonymous said...

You should put me in a room to argue with him. I'll drive him insanely through a box of tissues in under 5 minutes guaranteed.

He'll be utterly confused and then I'll be able to talk him out of getting married.

Dee Jay said...

Led - I don't think anything is going to work. She seems truly besotted with the sot! Ugh!

Anonymous said...

It's extremely frustrating to watch someone you care about insisting on choosing a horrible horrible partner and sticking with them. How can they be so blind? I don't know!

Dee Jay said...

Ann - The thing is, he may not be horrible for HER. I just shudder every time I hear his name now. LOL He's been getting on my bad side a lot lately!

Anonymous said...

Those that always say/think they know it best live a pittyfull life and try to clean/boost it up with so called know it all.

In fact, instead of hating them we must pitty them for leading such life that rather will bring them depression then happiness.