Friday, July 25, 2008

Rain in Spain

Last spring while we were in Barcelona, a few of us were singing "the rain in Spain lies mainly on the plain" as it sprinkled on us. If you remember, Mother Nature didn't treat us well when we were in Italy and Spain.

This past June, Babycub and I were talking about old movies. One of her very very favorite movies is Breakfast At Tiffanys. I said something about loving My Fair Lady with Audrey Hepburn, and suddenly I found out I'd been 'orribly remiss as a parent. My child has never seen it!

In horror, I dashed to Barnes and Noble to rectify this situation. The poor kid had no clue where the "rain in Spain" song even came from. I'd been a bad mommy, indeed. However, I became a miserly mommy when I saw the price tag on the movie - it was about $28! Sadly, I decided to leave her suffering from lack of knowledge a little longer.

The fates stepped in a few days later when I was reading the paper. The Duluth Playhouse is doing My Fair Lady! I immediately called for the cubs. Boycub looked at me in utter disgust when I suggested they both go. To be honest, his reaction didn't surprise me, but I thought it would be a nice little gesture to ask. Instead, he's going to spend that time at his big brother's place. He'll play with the baby, eat pizza and junk food, play video games, and watch creepy movies.

Babycub and I are headed to the theatah. Did you like how I said that - all fancy schmancy? I bought the tickets as soon as they went on sale. We have front row and center, I'm just hoping it's not too close. I'm also hoping nobody has a 'bout of clumsiness and ends up in our laps!

She's as excited as can be. She's been in children's theater productions and has been to the local theater. The Duluth Playhouse will be new to her. Next spring I'm hoping to take her to see Mama Mia while we are in London, but that's a whole different blog to write.

We're dropping off Boycub and all the things that go with him, then heading to Olive Garden. Babycub has been Jonesing for that place for a few weeks now, and she's chosen it for tomorrow evening's gala event. After dinner, we are heading out to watch the play.

I'm hoping she falls in love with the story. The reviews of this performance have been excellent; I am excited to share it with her!

*saunters off singing about the rain in Spain, wondering why men can't be more like women, and thinking about dancing all night*

Peace

1 comment:

Spacey Stacey said...

i've never seen that movie either. hope you guys enjoy your night!