Sunday, September 9, 2007

Stupid Lines

I'm cursed.

It never fails.

Whenever I am shopping my internal radar automatically leads me to the check-out line with the uber annoying idiot customers that screw things up for everyone waiting behind them.

Today it happened several times.

Who are these people? Can we establish "stupid lines" in stores? We have lines that are handicapped accessible. We have lines for ten or less items. Why not "stupid people" lines?

I feel for the check-out clerks. It's not their fault they are cursed with morons that are trying to use cards that are denied. They can't be held responsible for the moron that shows up without their wallet. Yet, people glare at the people behind the register as if they held up a sign saying "hey, let's piss off the other customers - come to this line".

On a brighter note, I had a luverly little day of shopping. My ass is heading to school this week in new jeans and new pants. The upper part of my bod is going to be snuggled into some sweet little shirts I nabbed. The best part is I picked up some adorable spikey shoes that I can't wait to prance around in.

Clothes may not make the person, but they sure make this one feel purdy!

Peace

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do remember your icon from EFX2 and thought I would link you at my website with others if that is OK.

Abraham Lincoln
My Website

Chandramoon said...

helloooooooo!!!!

cherreh said...

I think I have to see these shoes.
Photographic image perhaps? Sorry. I'm on the edge of being one of those "shoe" women. Always in danger of becoming a full-blown addict.

RE: stupid lines
You have my support. I had this stupid bitch push in on me last week, and yesterday, this surfer dude thought he was in a stupid line so he tried to join my non-stupid line in front of me as I was joining the queue and I shot him a

>:-'

...and he changed his mind.

And for goodness' sake watch those little old ladies in supermarkets. They're deadly. They'll ram you and take the lime you're reaching for and they don't give a shit.

LMC said...

Trust me, if they did make stupid lines.....%75 of the customers would have to go thru that one! My luck...I'd be the cashier that has to ring them up.

Dee Jay said...

Abe - Feel free to add me. I'm going to put yours up here as well. : )

Chandra - Yay! I am so glad we were able to connect here!

P.D. - It's scary! I am almost (but not quite) worse than Imelda. *sigh* Yet, I can't stop myself. Damn I love shoes shoes shoes! I wonder if we could get a petition going to get those lines established. *ponders*

LMC - You know I was thinking of you when I wrote part of that. I totally feel for any clerk that is stuck having to deal with some of those idiots!

Unknown said...

I have the same issue. Yesterday at the grocery store, the girl in line argued about the price of the diapers, butter and paper plates she bought.

Now she went to the aisles, the prices were there, but she got to the register, argued each price, made the girl go look for EACH OF THEM in the store, then decided to not buy anything. A-holio.

Kelly Ann said...

Go nude, it will solve all your problems and people will get out of your way!

LMC said...

Ha! Ha! Nude shoppers! Oh wait...most of the customers I see in the morning are the old folks....On second thought...I hope they keep their clothes on!

NysaK said...

Woo Hoo for new clothes! I got a new skirt that made me quite happy, alas the photo on Styles blog is lost to the efx crash.