Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Pass the Nyquil

My head hurts, my nose is stuffy, my chest feels like a damn elephant is sitting on it, I am sneezing and snorkling like an anteater (do they sneeze and snorkle?), my eyes don't want to focus, and I have my period (yeah, too much info - but it just seemed to be karma with the timing of all of this).

Combined - this all means stay the hell away from me unless you are bringing chocolate or Nyquil.

I went to work today. I hate missing this early in the year, so I grabbed my handy dandy box of Puffs Plus and scampered off to hack in the faces of the students I adore. They duly provided the amount of sympathy that I required and argued over who was going to make my tea. I do love them.

However, they had me rolling my eyes. Sometimes people can be incredibly dim. Today was one of those days. The conversation went something like this:

Moi - "K' guys, I have come down with Bubonic plague"

Student - "Wow! What's that?"

Moi - "It's a disease that killed about twenty-five million people in the Middle Ages"

Student - "Holy crap, Ms. Deej. Why aren't you in the hospital?"

Moi - *banging my head against the concrete walls to clear my aching brain*

Egads, they are cute but they fall for everything. I cannot WAIT to pull my annual Socrates tease on them later this year.

In the meantime, I'm going to curl up with a hot cuppa, a dose of Nyquil, a fuzzy blanket, and a puppy. I'll be back to read your luverly thoughts and words when the plague has left the house!

Peace

3 comments:

elisataufik said...

aww get well soon!!
i have a houseful fo sick kids now, so I know how you feel.
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

You will eventually grow out of these kinds of things. I did.

If you have not see my new blog about my early life in Japan (1950s) then it might be worth the click > Here

LMC said...

*brings chocolates and leaves then at the door*

Hope you are feeling better! Puppies make everything better!