Sunday, September 16, 2007

Here and There

Argh! I am tired - so very tired, but at the moment I'm dealing with cramps from hell and can't sleep. Until wee painpills kick in, I'm online and trying to figure out the new efx stuff.

I did get a blog registered over there. Ha! Those of you who left thought you could get away from me. Wrong wrong wrong! *wicked grin*

My new address will be:

http://deejay.efx2blogs.com/

BUT BUT BUT BUT - I am staying here as well. I have to play with the new site a bit before I figure out exactly what I'll be doing.

What I miss most about efx is the alerts, the recent visitor list, and the ability to set my blog up to just registered users. Without those things, one site is about the same as another. It's the people in a blogging community that make a place special to me, and as long as I can find all of you and you still wander to my place - I'll be a happy little blogger.

For now, I'll use them as mirror sites. That way I won't go through blog withdrawal if one or the other is shut down.

See you wherever!

Peace

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your layout here. Would be sad to see you go.

Also why don't you download and use Google Reader (type that in the search engine)? My wife, oldladylincoln and myself, use it and it tells us who has posted and shows it. You just subscribe to their RSS feeds. Easy to do.

Melissa said...

I would hate to see you go too DeeJay. I'm not moving over to Wordpress. I'm just staying here.

I see Dad mentioned Google Reader, I've been using that, it's extremely easy to use, you copy and paste links into their link bar, then you can see who updates their blogs, not only from blogger, but any blogging site.

Dee Jay said...

Abe and Melissa - I'll be posting at both places. I hate to lose any of the peeps that I've come to enjoy in this wide world of blogging. I figure this way I have the best of both worlds. : )

MABrock1980 said...

Abe - I've set up the RSS feeds without Google Reader. It works fine.

It's handy in that you can keep an eye on other blog sites, but it's really not the same as us all being in the same community and having more concise alerts on both posts and comments.

Libertine said...

Another one who will be posting at both places.

LMC said...

I've registered over there too. I'm not sure what I am going to do. If EFX goes back to the way it was I will stay with them. For now I will be mostly here. The other blog might be for when I have diarrhea of the brain!

lisalisabobisa said...

I miss the post alerts, I can do without the rest. I see I keep missing your posts. I have to remember to go around to everyone's blogs. I'm just staying here for the time being, I don't want to move again...