Monday, September 10, 2007

Blog Buds

The kinship of efx is amazing to me.

Within a few short days so many people have found a way to reach out to each other and reconnect in a new place. Emails have been sent, links have been followed, etc. Whatever it's taken, one by one I'm finding more and more of those wonderful familiar blogs around the wide world of the web.

If anyone ever tries to tell me that friendships and bonds cannot be formed through this means, I will be able to point to this moment. Each of us could have simply moved on and started solo somewhere else. It was the ties that were created through words that led to the controlled chaos of moving on as a thundering herd of crazed writers.

Kudos to all of you. Whether here or at other sites, I do hope we can continue to blog together. I hope we can continue to share our lives.

Y'all rock, people!

Peace

9 comments:

Libertine said...

Yeah, I think it's good that we all moved to the same blogging service. We do still have a few MIAs, but I'm hoping they'll turn up eventually. In the meantime, we've got a nice EFX Lifeboat going on.

Kelly Ann said...

we wuvs ya! :D

elisataufik said...

you got it right, deej!
I love my efx2 family!!!
*hugs*

p/s it also goes to show that it's not the blogservice, but the bloggers that make the community great. I think some us have been friends on modblog then efx2 then blogspot, then only god knows where else. Nothing can break us apart!

Chandramoon said...

Yes it just shows how we CAN all remain in touch but it's been a bloody effort!! I've got a good list of efx links now if there are any you haven't got yet that you want! I've been going round finding people too - here, Wordpress, Facebook - and no alerts ba hum bug!

Melissa said...

I agree with you Dee Jay, I think it's pretty amazing that so many people have migrated over here and tried to keep in touch with everyone. I've even started reading a few that I had never read before!

LMC said...

Ironic that one of the last blogs I read on your EFX blog was about how we all became more then just bloggers....It's like an extended family...Silly as it sounds, I cried a little when I realized EFX might not get back up and running. I couldn't imagine not being able to keep up with some of my new friends.

Demetrius Flint said...

You guys are making me cry. I feel less like an emigrant now.

LauriesAsylum said...

The same thing happened when modblog went down. It took about a month, but we all eventually found each other on efx2. Of course there a few people that never found us and I still wonder what happened to them.

cherreh said...

I was devastated about Modblog.
I considered not blogging anymore.
Maybe those people did that; they couldn't bear the thought of losing all of their stuff all over again.

I'm reading all of these new efx2 bloggers that I never knew existed until efx2 went down! Maybe that's the one good thing to come out of all this.