Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stubborn

Man people can be so amazingly stubborn sometimes. Just over a year ago the hubster cracked his tooth and was in a huge amount of pain. I kept telling him to call the dentist, but the "I'm a tough guy" in him held off. I was flying to Italy and I pestered and pestered him before I left. The last thing I said to him was "call the dentist!!"

He claims they couldn't get him in. The operative word there is "claims". Bullshit! Every time I have called them they have bent over backward to get me in immediately. I've even called them for a friend and they got her in that day. He lied!

By the time I got home he was practically climbing the walls in pain and he gave in and called them. They fixed it, life went on, and apparently selective forgetfulness or Alzheimers have taken over his thought process beccause yesterday he announced the fact that he has a toothache.

I told him to call them in the morning. I knew he wouldn't, so I did. I made him an appointment, I told him when it was, and his response was "call them back and tell them I cannot make it".

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I explained that our dentist wasn't in the office on Fridays and the other dentist is on her way to Ireland for a family emergency. If he didn't go today, he'd have to wait until Monday. He opted to wait. I figure any ouchessness he gets will be deserved after this one.

I'm not listening to the manwhines after this - not ONE!

Peace

No comments: