Friday, April 10, 2009

The Deej Motel

I know I’m lucky/blessed and all that jazz to have a wealth of friends and family that care about me. I get it!

I’m there for them; they’re there for me - such is the way of things.

That said - is it tooooooooooooo much to ask that they get in the habit of giving me a wee more bit of notice before they descend on my house in droves?

Okay, I exagerate - it’s not droves - but it’s still inconvenient at times.

Yesterday I found out my home is the destination choice of a few extras for Easter. One is arriving this evening, a couple more tomorrow. This morning I had a phone call that added an afternoon of guests today.

Argh!

I’m going to start burning everything I cook, leaving dirty sheets on the beds, ignoring the dust on the tables, and refusing to clean my bathrooms. I figure eventually they’ll opt for a hotel.

I know some of you are going to say I’m letting this happen. I know I am. The thing is, I do love them. I know I could pack up all my bags and woes and head to their place and they’d welcome me with open arms. I just don’t do that very often.

I suck at saying “not now, please”. I utterly and completely suck at it!

Peace

No comments: