Thursday, August 7, 2008

Home Again

I love you peeps to bits, but damn you sure can talk a lot! Egads, I have only been gone about a week and I have 79 post alerts, 18 comment alerts, and 82 tracking alerts!

You do realize I shall never ever catch up with everything. I will try. Lordy knows I'll try scampering through as much as I can, but I'll be one crazed basket case if I attempt to leave comments (aka my mark) wherever I go!

As for me - I ran off to parts unknown. There was no cell service, there was no electricity (unless you count batteries and a generator), there was no civilization (not like I'm used to, anyway). It was simply luverly to kick back and not think about things for a bit.

Even so, there are still bunches of thoughts rippling through the recesses of my mind. One is a big old ugly word that starts with a "d" and ends in an "e" and has a total of seven letters. I approached A about this several weeks ago; we are "talking" about things now.

Another is The Dark Knight. Yes, I did see it while I was away from you. I think it falls into one of those "I expected soooooooooo much more after all I heard" categories. It was "okay". Heath Ledger was quite impressive, but overall, I really don't see what the buzz is all about. I contemplated a nap toward the end of it all.

I'm itching to share something else with all of you, but I don't know that I can. I'll try to talk without saying much. Remember back last spring when I mentioned "threats"? It seems something may be coming of all that now. I have mixed feelings about it all - some of them are a bit creepy. Is this poking something ugly with a stick? Will that something ugly snap and hunt me down now? It somewhat scares me.

Satelites - wowserooni are there a lot up there! One night while I was away, we sat and counted them. We got to fourteen before our necks were sore from staring up at the night sky. In case you are wondering, we did wave at several that we suspected of being a part of Homeland Security. After all, campers in the midst of nowhere could certainly be deemed a threat and in need of photographing! Yikes, thank goodness I wasn't nekkid!

Brett Favre has me uttering profanity. I think he's making an utter ass of himself over this whole thing. However, I did think it was quite amusing when the Vikings were thinking of picking him up. I have tickets to the season opener when my purple dudes travel to enemy territory (aka - Lambeau Field) next month. I think it would have been quite the show to see him in a purple jersey in front of his home team. The Pack was supposed to be retiring his jersey at that game - I am wondering if they will be burning it instead. I'll report back after it's over.

For now, that's about it. Yup, this was one of those rambly "what the hell is going on in her head" kind of blogs. I'll be back around later this evening, I think, to try to start working on those gazillion alerts!

Peace

2 comments:

Spacey Stacey said...

glad you are back. how jealous am i that you got to go camping? i've been wanting to do that for awhile. funny that ms. femme (me) wants to and the wife doesn't.

as for things being "talked" about, i hope it all works out for the best. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I saw Batman in an IMAX theatre :O
and I still wouldn't give it more than four stars. I mean, I'd still give it four stars, so I really enjoyed it, but I don't think it's the best movie ever.
It's nice to hear that I'm not the only one not completely bowled over by it.