Friday, August 15, 2008

End of Days

I am a weird with two back to back entries in one day! I just didn't want to blend this one with the one about the phone call.

This morning I realized this is "it". Summer is really really really ending soon. My last week "off" is next week! Once upon a time August 25th seemed so far away; now it's just around the corner.

It's time to get that little bit of summer in before I pack it away in a box of memories. We're going to the lake. Yeah, I can do that in the fall and after school starts, but the "feel" of it isn't the same. When I go then, I usually drag work along and/or simply don't have that carefree feeling that goes with summer.

The cubs have packed up their beach towels and fishing poles. I have my books to read. We're going to swim, try to catch some fish, waterski, and play for the last few days that we can. We can't put it off - next week I have meetings, Babycub has her sports physical, Boycub has friends coming over. It's truly now or never.

Woe is me - where on earth did our summer go?

I'll be back before you know it!

Peace

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Yep, my summer has flown by too. I don't mind, as I'm not a real lover of the summer months... but this one seems to have zipped by especially fast.

TheSplinteredMind said...

That's why I'm moving to the South again. I need warmth and sun for more than the 3 months I get them up here!!!!

Anonymous said...

Three words...
SHORTEST SUMMER EVER!!!

Glad you got some time to enjoy yourselves at least!