Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Mummy Choice

I hate being in a state of limbo!

The kids and I are contemplating a jaunt to New York to see the Tut Exhibit before it flies home to Egypt. The boy has always been a mega fan of mummies, Egypt, and all that jazz. I've taken him to The British Museum in London and he was fascinated. Outside of actually visiting Egypt, that museum offers a fantastic experience. The girl has been driving me crazy to take her to New York City.

I have never been there. That seems so weird to me. I have visited and am quite comfortable in a number of European cities, but this great city in my own country is foreign to me.

Had this opportunity come up a year ago, it would have been a no-brainer. I'd already have the plane tickets purchased and the hotel reservations made. Instead I'm torn. New York City is expensive, and when I do these "once in a lifetime" things, the hub usually just says "go for it" and makes sure there is plenty of money for us to blow.

This time is different. The future is simply too iffy right now to be comfortable with an easy decision.

Do I take go for it and spend the money when I may not even have a job a year from now? Does it make more sense to save the money for that possible rainy day? Should I savor this adventure with my kids because we'd be doing something we'd never do again?

The hub says go for it. He'll dogsit and hand over the cash for the three of us to play in the Big Apple for a few nights. I figure we'd go in October.

Keep in mind, I'm taking both kids to England and France in March. That's going to hit us in the bank account as well.

Argh - I do so hate hate hate hate hate hate this uncertain feeling.

What to do?

Peace

No comments: