Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Geared Up

I have found it.

Well actually someone else found it for me, but hey - who cares? It could be my future!

Last night at a school board meeting the board chairman said to moi "Just wait until you see what we have in store for you!"

Hmmmm

He was chuckling about this; I figured it he was up to no good, but I just had to ask.

His response?

"We're going to get an old school bus and paint it blue. We're going to put you in it and turn you loose on the race track"

Huh?

Apparently, a local race track has an annual bus racing event. This year another school entered it and used the side of the bus as a huge advertisement for their district. Clever clever!

Somewhere in all of this, our school board has decided that I get to do this next year. I glanced over at the zany teacher that is usually at my side when crazy adventures are taking place and said "only if my partner in crime goes with me!"

She moaned, laughed, and said she would.

Okay, so neither of us has ever driven a bus. We both drive compact cars. We've never done any kind of racing.

What the hell?

It sounds like fun!

This time next year I may start my racing career in a school bus, but I figure by the end of the summer I'll be ready for Indy. Look out Danika Patrick, there's a new girl racer on the way!

Peace

No comments: