Monday, February 9, 2009

Octomom Rant

I'm an irritated crankyass about this whole deal of the "octomom". Yeah, I'm talking about the dim bulb that recently gave birth eight babies. Can we say selfish, immature, and looneytunes?

What the fuck?

I have no issue with people using alternative methods to help them have kids. Hell, one of my best friends has had to travel down that path. However, she wasn't living with her parents, she has a decent job, and all that jazz.

It's a scary and slippery slope I am on to suggest that the doctor acted irresponsibly in this case. I realize that it could lead to someone out there making decisions about who can and cannot have children. Yet, I do think that the doc had a moral obligation to check the situation he's helping to create children to move on into.

I've seen the interview with Octomom. Sure, I'm not a mental health expert, but to my uneducated eyes, she appears to be a fruitburger. I wanted to smack her when she babbled on about the fact that she'd be able to give her children herself and unconditional love - as compared to others who cannot say that. Excuse me? I'm betting there are a whole lot of parents out there who would love to be able to stay home with their children, but they are not able to - they have these silly things called bills that have to be paid. It doesn't mean they don't love their kids - it means they are responsible for their children - emotionally AND financially.

Having children isn't about wealth. God knows there are a hell of a lot of poor people that are wonderful parents. Yet, when one consciously makes a decision to have a baby - much less FOURTEEN children - I believe you have to have some kind of plan that doesn't involve everyone else who's doing the 9-5 gig footing the bill for you.

Today I saw an interview with Octomom's mother and in it they showed the home where Octomom lives with her parents, her first six kids, and someday the other eight kids. It's a smaller three bedroom place. Grandma claims that she is in charge of most of the childcare and is overwhelmed. She's angry about her daughter's decision and has no idea how they will get by when the new babies are brought home.

Octomom has received a chunk of money from a settlement she got after being injured on the job. She's not given a dime of that money to her parents - instead - they are forced to try to support her and her growing family. My guess is a chunk of that cash has gone to Dr. Irresponsible to pay for her latest adventure into parenthood.

I say Dr. Irresponsible should step up to the plate and pay child support. After all, he's technically the one responsible for Octomom having fourteen children.

I just feel so very very sorry for those fourteen kids.

Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This situation of her with the litter is so egregious it's incredible. I sent an email to the California Attourny General office suggesting that they sue the doctors for malpractice on behalf of the taxpayers who'll end up with the bill. I got a form letter back - and so far no news of such a lawsuit.

Maybe it's time to ban fertility treatment. Can't have kids? Adopt! We don't need people having litters.